Software development is an integral part of modern open science, gaining knowledge from data. All ESCAPE partners develop and maintain some software (from extensive frameworks to individual analysis scripts) for their respective experiments - along the full life cycle of software development.
The objective of this workshop is to bring together the scientists' communities of Astrophysics, Astroparticle Physics and Particle Physics who are leading the software development within their domain. Common and best practices in software development will be discussed and shared, enabling cross-fertilization across the domains.
Core topics are:
- Software Development Lifecycle Strategies
- Development: coding styles, versioning, maintenance, documentation, software quality standards
- Testing: test suites and code coverage
- efficiency optimization and benchmarking: standards and ideas
- platform integration and metadata
- software licenses